Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible."

I know you all have been anxiously awaiting this moment, but my Hitchcock marathon has finally arrived. I have a few comments about my study first though.

I have placed on the side the scheduled dates for each film's analysis. If they do not happen to appear on that date expect them a day later, and if that happens I will try and post two that day if another is due that exact day.

I was unable to get my hands on Notorious or Rebecca which makes me upset since those were the two I was most looking forward to seeing.

Notorious will be analyzed by a guest writer, TS from Screen Savour has agreed to do so, and it'll be in correlation with his own Hitchcock marathon he is doing in October. I'm glad I beat him to the punch. =)

I really recommend checking out his blog, he does great write ups of many classic films, and puts me to shame.

As for Rebecca if someone wants to send me an essay on that film, I will gladly post it, otherwise there will be no write up on it.

So starting this Sunday(the 21st) with Vertigo and going through to October 8th with my look at how I feel all of these films reflect parts of Hitchcock and why he is considered such a legend.

A review of Burn After Reading should be expected soon, as well as the marathon.

No comments: